Sunday, February 21, 2010

Marvis Grace Kunder

This last week we took a trip to Utah to attend Grandma Kunder's funeral. It was a very bitter-sweet time. We really enjoyed spending time with family. It was a wonderful time to teach the children. They each wanted to see inside the casket at the viewing. Grandma was beautiful. For me there is always a since of peace seeing and knowing that the spirit has moved on. Greg gave the invocation at the funeral and I was tearing up already. Good thing I needed to spend the next hour in the hall with Ty and Bella. We all went to the cemetery for the grave dedication. I felt it was a really touching moment when they had the pallbearers place their boutonnieres on the casket and when they had the granddaughters all take roses I got the idea to get them all together for a picture. It isn't often you have a whole family together like this.









1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry about the funeral, but it really is a good time to reflect with family.