Today was
Haylie's first day of first grade. We had a "girl day" a week or two ago and went school shopping for her clothes. She is ready to be a teenager. She had to try on all her outfits when we got home. We have her clothes and shoes and
hair bows all together for each day set together. This is helpful for me too being that school is an hour earlier than it was last year. This morning was hectic trying to just get in the parking lot. Who ever designed the roads here should be shot. We were a few minutes late, but we weren't the only ones. This time
Haylie was so excited to go she didn't even notice mom leaving. I cried for 20
mins. I didn't even make it out of the building.
I also was unaware that even on short days like wed. they still eat lunch at school. We had to run home to make a lunch and bring it to her. Greg asked why I didn't just give her some money for lunch, but I wanted it to be special. I had a little toy and a note for her lunch. She was also pretty excited to have a lunch box. When I brought it back to her class, she was paying close attention to her teacher and didn't even notice me walk in the room. I don't even think she realise this morning we forgot it. I hope it will be a surprise for her. Don't I sound like a new mom?

She LOVES these socks....so do I.


I had fun with her hair.
3 comments:
Oh man, my grandkids are so cute! How was school, Haylie? Do you have a nice teacher? Hard to see them grow up. Love you so much, grandpa C.
ooh she is so beautiful-crazy how fast hey grow!
First grade! No way!!! Yeah, Claire loves first grade so far. She's doing really well so far. I'm so proud. Is Freeman expressing interest in going to school yet? How are you feeling these days?
Post a Comment