Saturday, January 17, 2009

Haylie's Barbie house

I know, I haven't blogged in a LONG time and I give my friends grief for this exact thing (Jenn). So here is the fantastic barbie house Haylie got for Christmas. Santa wrote her a letter and told her she had been especially good this year so he asked Daddy to be his helper and build a doll house for her. Dad even told her how an elf had come to the house to help him and that she had almost seen the elf once when she came out to the garage. It has already seen hours of fun. The most difficult thing was leaving it home when we went to Grandma and Grandpa's over Christmas. Santa came to our house one day early this year so that we could travel and miss the storms. Our Christmas was ...interesting. We got to see Erin and Mark and the kids... sort of. They were sooo sick. We brought that stomach flu home with us and so now a month after Christmas I think things are getting back to normal. Well except for the fact that Greg's new job assignment is 4 1/2 hours away. He leaves Monday and comes home Friday. I'm not complaining about having work though. His job is a blessing to us and we are thankful. It is interesting trying on this single mom role. In two weeks though, we'll go with him and stay the week with him. All week long Bella wonders around saying, "daddy! daddy! daddy!" It's like she doesn't know any other word.







Bella is checking out the framed pictures on the wall. Bella got a barlie in her stocking so they can play together.

4 comments:

normaneugene said...

Wow Greg! I thought that Santa might have brought a smaller doll house.That's giaganic! Nice work. Maybe we can talk you in to helping frame our doll house basement......if we get it. You do really nice work. You're an amazing craftsman. (Is that enough, or do you want me to keep going?) Congratulations on your announcement. We're excited.

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

It's huge! I wish I had one of those!

Jenn said...

Wow! That's a doll mansion! and no, I still haven't updated my blog. I'm glad you are all feeling better. And um the announcement would be???

galbraith's said...

that looks awesome! good job greg!