Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day to day life

Haylie said a really cute thing today....well, it was for her mom. She was telling me how she was playing on the monkey bars at school and she went all the way across by herself. Then she added," But Mom, they weren't the big monkey bars. They were the lower case monkey bars." She is just loving school. I think she likes playing with the boys. She has two friends that are girls...but the rest are boys. I keep telling Greg, he is going to need more than one shotgun as she gets older.
Freemen is REALLY three. It is difficult to describe the fights we have every day with him. He is curled up under a chair right now because one of his (easily breakable) toys, broke. He is the biggest pouter!! I don't know how to address the constant whining. He is not this way with other people of course, just mommy and daddy. One good thing is, he has slept in his own bed for the past couple of nights. I bribed him with a frog tattoo. The last two nights he even has come in, kissed my arm and went back to his own bed. I think he just really wants to know we're there. I recently banned him from our bed. He has been sleeping on our floor. Most nights I don't even know he has come in. I just wake up in the morning and he is all tucked-in on our floor. The other side of Freemen is his amazing sense of humor and goofyness. Greg likes to tell him to run "fast" just so we can watch him tuck his head down and his elbows in when he takes off. He is also the BIGGEST cuddler. I love it.
Isabella has learned a few new words (or sounds). She says uh-ohh, Da Da, Ma Ma, Pa Pa (which I think mean bottle or milk) and my favorite, WHEEEE! She also knows where her nose is. And is delighted by her belly button. She is such a light in our home.
Well, nothing new is happing here. The weather is wonderful! I have all our door and windows open today. This is a huge blessing. Last month's electric bill was over $300. It's the debt you pay to live in this part of the country. The nice trade off is the fall, winter and spring. Sooo, we live through a ridiculously hot summer. It's forgotten when in October we can still wear shorts most of the time.

1 comment:

JenEricFamily said...

I just banned Caleb from the bed too! Now if he wants to sleep with us he has to sleep on the floor! He doesn't think it is too comfortable so he has stopped mostly!