Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shots, First Birthdays and First Steps

Isabella's 1st birthday was on the 9th but we waited until the 11th to celebrate so that Grandma and Grandpa Coughran could be there. Don and Kadie joined us too. Earlier that day Bella had some shots (hense the blue bandaid on the shoulder). She was so good... but as always, Mommy teared up. I hate to see them cry like that.
I made the cake (thank you Martha Stewart for the cake recipe and Erin for all the tips!) Not only did it turn out cute, but it tasted good! Bella really perfered the icecream though.

She got a baby doll that she wouldn't put down. She loves to give it kisses.



Bella has been on the edge of walking for what seems like months. We gave her a walker. It converts so that she can sit on it and scoot around which is a good thing because SHE TOOK HER FIRST STEPS earlier that day, or so Mom and Dad say. I had my back turned so I'm not counting it until Saturday when I saw her walk (He He He) . Today, Sunday, she walked across the room! Now she is going everywhere. We love that little girl.
P.S. I took this nice picture of Mom when she was here. I love you! Thanks for being here.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Bella!! I love the pictures...looks like your cake turned out really nice! My mom has a fun cookbook for creative cakes that she used for our birthdays. I'm going to see if she or my siblings have it for Georgie's first birthday.

Evan Jamie and Maddy said...

I forgot their birthday's were so close

Maddy turned 2 the 10th. Her party was on Saturday the 12th, which Mom and Dad could not attend, bacuase they had just gotten home from YOURS! ha ha

Happy birthday Bella!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

cute cute cute! you coughran girls are sooo good at making cakes! i gotta step it up and learn how to do that. ill practice in september with adams birthay. haha. i cant believe bella is walking! we cant wait to see you guys and all of your cute kids this weekend! yay and it gregs birthday too.. are you going to make a cake on his actual birthday or when we come? hmmm..

galbraith's said...

the cake looks wonderful! i am so glad it turned out for you!

JenEricFamily said...

that cake is soo cute! I can't wait till I cana make girly stuff like that for Elizabeth!