When Greg and I lived in Saratoga Springs, Haylie was just about 15 months old, I was called to nursery. They of corse allowed me to bring her in early. I think I cryed every week. I didn't have any neighors. It was all empty lots around us. I didn't know anyone in our ward. We only had the one car which Greg took to work. So I was home all week with a baby and spent my Sundays with babies. It was hard... but I learned so much about children and toddlers and teaching. I knew I would..but I still cryed.
Well, here in Hurricane in our last ward Freemen and Haylie were both in nursery finally I could go to sunday school and Relief Society without a squrmy toddler. Then I got called to Sunbeams. I cryed. Soon after Haylie was in my class. I learned a lot about teaching children and it was priceless to see Haylie give her first talk and hear her sing primary songs. I loved teaching Haylie.
So here we are now in a new ward. Can you guess what my new calling is???? CTR-5s. Haylie's class. I knew weeks ago befor anyone called that the Lord would give me this calling. Actually, Greg and I team teach. We have Isabella with us which is a challange, but it was different to sit in primary with my WHOLE family. Freemen's sunbeem class sits just in front of us. Greg and I have taught together before. I really enjoy having him there. He commands attention in a soft way with those little kids. I struggle a little just keeping them from taking their shoes off (or clothes in the case of the sunbeams). I don't know if I just have a lot to learn about teaching children...probably. Or Haylie just has a need to have her mommy with her all the time. I realize that kindergarden is fast aproaching and I dread it. Who knows, I may find myself teaching Beehives...Mia maids... and Laurls some day.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how funny! well maybe you just didn't get it right the first couple of times-jk most likely you are doing too great of a job and let me tell you they need great teachers like you in primary!
That is too funny! It is just because they know how good you ar with children! ha ha
ps: Sorry about making you cry! Made myself cry too... ha ha
Post a Comment